Skip to main content

Smart Phones, too smart to handle?



Someone sent me this image, my  phone beeped and I had to check it.
And there.... it explained everything.






I couldn't agree more to it, I was  actually giving a whole though on how we had the notion that we were so smart to handle gadgets (Of course... we are smart in our own ways) but it is not how it appeared to be, We depend so much our 'Dear Devices' that we have lost track in memorizing phone numbers, let alone...  I don't even need to remember mine, I have smartly saved it in my phone.
Birthdays are just an alarm ring away, I have them set as a reminder and I don't have to wish them unless there is a noise coming out and reminding me about it, because in real i am bad with remembering dates, so... I apologize if i forgot to wish you on your birthday, I was not reminded :(

Looking for address is just a click away, no more asking strangers where the road to the park leads, my phone commanded me to take a right, go straight and then take the second turn and there it is, I droll over how smart she turned out to be.
 It knows exactly where I am standing. Yesterday I was looking for a coffee shop nearby and it responded with "there are four cafe near you, the nearest is 2km away,' I followed the track like a dog following a trail from a smell ( wow!! I couldn't be more impressed)
Memories are now all in selfies and snap chats, I stopped keeping photo albums, but it was until the day when i accidentally deleted all the pictures from my phone (Yeah, all those selfies and groupies, those happy memories I captured. Gone! if only it gave me the warning that my hand was swapping the delete button on the sensitive touch screen... I would have kept the screen locked. Sigh!!

There is a beep, the phone screen blinked flashing '1 message received,' it was a friend asking whether I was free this weekend? I typed and replied with... 'I haven't planned anything yet.....' but my 'Overly Smart' phone auto corrected the 'Planned' as 'Planted,' my friend said,  she had no intention to take me for gardening. Whose fault? Mr Auto correct. Period.
On occasion when we are out for dinner with families or friends, we are all occupied with our controllers, even to make an eye contact is harder than deciding what to have for desserts or which food picture should be uploaded on Instagram ( bet, those are much easier to decide)
And, when all the batteries are drained from the virtual games we played, we anxiously wait for it to charge till it instruct 'fully charged'..  now, what? back to surfing and browsing what is trending on twitter of course.

Smart phones is indeed one of the #Smartest innovation man has made (I don't want to imagine how it would have been without it... Nomophobia? Right!!) we relay so much on digitization, we no longer need to remember even some of the simplest things... you don't need to know the whole spellings of a word, you type an A and all the word from A's appear on the shiny screen. Well, i don't appreciate this short cut though!
It says, answer the phone, reply to the message!! we obey without any hesitation.
Not forgetting, it even has the ability authority to wake us up in the morning, and all this time we thought we were smart enough to make that little robot work for us.. though it has never been that way.
This Smart machines are controlling us like they are the master, and we are happily following their instructions thinking they are the one obeying  us.
(Haha)

Okay, my phone needs some memory spaces, I have to remove some trash from it... now, tell me who is the master here?
                                                      
                                                                                                             
                                                             M.Kikon                                                                        






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Birth of the Fae: Locked Out of Heaven by Danielle Orsino

About the Book What would you do if all you knew had abandoned you? Abandoned by their creator, two factions of angels remain on earth after the Great War with Lucifer. These Virtues and Power Angels struggle to comprehend their Creator’s plan while their wings, a symbol of their angelic lineage, slowly and painfully decay. Unaware of one another, the angels learn to survive and reinvent themselves. With no hope of returning to the Shining Kingdom, both groups denounce their angelic lineage and develop into their own factions. They call themselves the “Fae.” This is their story. The Fae world is ruled by two distinct courts: the Court of Light, led by Queen Aurora, a former Virtue Angel, and the Court of Dark, ruled by King Jarvok, a former Power Brigade Angel. The two monarchs have opposing views on how to govern their kin and, more importantly, the way humanity plays into their survival. The one belief they agree on is human worship equals power. Exactly how the two go about capturin

Book Review: The L-word By Aastha Atray Banan

photo credit: Shethepeople Blurb In a world where a left swipe means you could be alone and sexless forever and taking a chance could mean you find ‘The One’, the question we often find ourselves asking is, what is love? When romance writer Aastha Atray Banan found herself getting asked questions about the daily struggles of love she decided to start a podcast, Love Aaj Kal, that dealt with everything about love and relationships. The L-Word is about modern love: from ghosting, polyamory, love in the times of social media to more every-day problems like dealing with heartbreak, infidelity and getting out of toxic relationships. Love can be many things – sometimes intimidating, frustrating, and often exhilarating – this book tells you how to make sense of it. My Take On The Book The L Word- Love, Lust, and Everything In-Between , I guess the title is self-explanatory of what the book is about. This is the first book I read by the romance writer Aastha Atray Banan who found her

Reading in Quarantine- #Birthdaybloghop

Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.” – E.B. White With the Coronavirus crisis and most of the nation quarantined inside the comfort of their homes, I can presume all the bookworms silently rejoicing, not that the world is coming to a standstill (that would be rude), but because of the reason that we will have all the possible time in the world to be reading and ticking off our TBR lists (Not precisely though). At least we thought we will have all the possible time in the world to read and read till our eyes are sore, but guess that remind yet another excuse of, ‘maybe, I will start reading tomorrow.' And, one would probably be asking, ‘why read? when we have other things to keep ourselves engaged. There are so many other things to do and catch up with- for instance, binge-watching book adapted series, attending zoom calls, video calling old friends to ch