Skip to main content

Books N Beyond June Unboxing and Review

Every month there is an aura of excitement that awakens my bookworm persona whilst I wait for my quarterly book box subscription to arrive from Books and Beyond, one of the best book boxes in India. And, this month too it is no different as I patiently wait with full exhilaration and bated breath.  I am super excited to find out what this month's book box has in store for me. Also, like always I would love to give everyone a sneak peek as I un-box and review the June book box.
The theme for June month was ‘Longing of the Heart’ and need I say more about the content? you can have a look for yourself. The Box contained 4 books, yes. 4 frigging books!!! and some awesome bookish merch! I know, I sound over hyped.  Books n Beyond surely did spoilt me with all the gorgeous new release, a vintage mini classic and so much more, here join me as I unveil the content of Book N Beyond June Edition.

Book of the Month of your Choice
The Hate U Give: I have been meaning to read this book for a while, and I remember marking it as ‘want to read' on my Goodreads list, so I was overjoyed when I got to choose it as my first option for book of the month choice. I am already halfway through the book and I LOVE IT. 
Here’s the blurb:
Sixteen-year-old Starr Carter moves between two worlds: the poor neighborhood where she lives and the fancy suburban prep school she attends. The uneasy balance between these worlds is shattered when Starr witnesses the fatal shooting of her childhood best friend Khalil at the hands of a police officer. Khalil was unarmed. Soon afterwards, his death is a national headline. Some are calling him a thug, maybe even a drug dealer and a gang-banger. Protesters are taking to the streets in Khalil's name. Some cops and the local drug lord trying to intimidate Starr and her family. What everyone wants to know is: what really went down that night? And the only person alive who can answer that is Starr. But what Starr does or does not say could upend her community. It could also endanger her life.

Book 2 of the month of my choice
Leah on the Offbeat (Creekwood #2) – Another anticipated book which I was longing to read was the ‘Leah on the Offbeat' by Becky Albertalli.  This is the sequel to the famous book Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda, which I haven't really read, so I don’t know if is okay to read the book before the prequel. Hmmm...! I guess that is okay.
The Blurb
Leah Burke—girl-band drummer, master of deadpan, and Simon Spier’s best friend from the award-winning Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda—takes center stage in this novel of first love and senior-year angst.
When it comes to drumming, Leah Burke is usually on the beat—but real life isn’t always so rhythmic. An anomaly in her friend group, she’s the only child of a young, single mom, and her life is decidedly less privileged. She loves to draw but is too self-conscious to show it. And even though her mom knows she’s bisexual, she hasn’t mustered the courage to tell her friends—not even her openly gay BFF, Simon.

Book 3: An Extra Book- Vintage Mini
Desire by Murakami: Well, who does not love Murakami's work? and that too a mini vintage? Glad to add this one in my vintage book collections. I read it the moment I got the box and now it left me wanting for more
The Blurb:
You’ve just passed someone on the street who could be the love of your life, the person you’re destined for – what do you do? In Murakami’s world, you tell them a story. The five weird and wonderful tales collected here each unlock the many-tongued language of desire, whether it takes the form of hunger, lust, sudden infatuation or the secret longings of the heart.
Selected from Haruki’s Murakami’s short story collections The Elephant Vanishes, Blind Willow Sleeping Woman and Men Without Women

Book 4
Gift from Books Beyond: Pan Mc Milan Classic
The 4th book is a pan mc Milan classic ‘Tess of the d'Urbervilles by Thomas Hardy. Another classic added to my collections. Yayay!! I got this one as a special gift from the very generous Papiya, the curator of this awesome book box. 

An Exclusive Bookish Pouch designed by Books n Beyond for their love of Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl:
You can take a moment to admire this cute pouch and the design is inspired by Rainbow Rowell’s Fangirl: I am going to be carrying it around wherever I go.

A TFIOS inspired infinity neckpiece:
This is probably the prettiest looking neck piece ever. Do you agree?  I Love it!

An Archie inspired notepad: 
This surely takes me back to the times when Archie comics was my favourite summer read. It still is, btw. 

Some Cool Bookmark Swag:
Just look how cute those cool bookmark swag are. TBH It looks edible to me 

A badge inspired by a ‘The Bitter Pill Social Club’ book: Me love it!!

So, that’s all, Folks! Hope you enjoyed finding out the content of Books N Beyond June Edition. Do let me know which book/merch you like the most?
Happy reading! See you, until the next un-boxing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Book Review: Birth of the Fae: Locked Out of Heaven by Danielle Orsino

About the Book What would you do if all you knew had abandoned you? Abandoned by their creator, two factions of angels remain on earth after the Great War with Lucifer. These Virtues and Power Angels struggle to comprehend their Creator’s plan while their wings, a symbol of their angelic lineage, slowly and painfully decay. Unaware of one another, the angels learn to survive and reinvent themselves. With no hope of returning to the Shining Kingdom, both groups denounce their angelic lineage and develop into their own factions. They call themselves the “Fae.” This is their story. The Fae world is ruled by two distinct courts: the Court of Light, led by Queen Aurora, a former Virtue Angel, and the Court of Dark, ruled by King Jarvok, a former Power Brigade Angel. The two monarchs have opposing views on how to govern their kin and, more importantly, the way humanity plays into their survival. The one belief they agree on is human worship equals power. Exactly how the two go about capturin

Book Review: The L-word By Aastha Atray Banan

photo credit: Shethepeople Blurb In a world where a left swipe means you could be alone and sexless forever and taking a chance could mean you find ‘The One’, the question we often find ourselves asking is, what is love? When romance writer Aastha Atray Banan found herself getting asked questions about the daily struggles of love she decided to start a podcast, Love Aaj Kal, that dealt with everything about love and relationships. The L-Word is about modern love: from ghosting, polyamory, love in the times of social media to more every-day problems like dealing with heartbreak, infidelity and getting out of toxic relationships. Love can be many things – sometimes intimidating, frustrating, and often exhilarating – this book tells you how to make sense of it. My Take On The Book The L Word- Love, Lust, and Everything In-Between , I guess the title is self-explanatory of what the book is about. This is the first book I read by the romance writer Aastha Atray Banan who found her

Reading in Quarantine- #Birthdaybloghop

Books are good company, in sad times and happy times, for books are people – people who have managed to stay alive by hiding between the covers of a book.” – E.B. White With the Coronavirus crisis and most of the nation quarantined inside the comfort of their homes, I can presume all the bookworms silently rejoicing, not that the world is coming to a standstill (that would be rude), but because of the reason that we will have all the possible time in the world to be reading and ticking off our TBR lists (Not precisely though). At least we thought we will have all the possible time in the world to read and read till our eyes are sore, but guess that remind yet another excuse of, ‘maybe, I will start reading tomorrow.' And, one would probably be asking, ‘why read? when we have other things to keep ourselves engaged. There are so many other things to do and catch up with- for instance, binge-watching book adapted series, attending zoom calls, video calling old friends to ch